Tuesday, August 23, 2011

RELATIONSHIPS & RELIGION

I was out on a double date with a friend of mine. The guys were really cool. We were having a good time. There was great conversation about life, sports, politics, etc! Then the big religion debate surfaced! One of the guys stated that he believed in God but not Jesus! There was a very awkward silence for like 5 seconds. I was really doing a *blank stare* at this dude! Lol! I guess because I believe in Jesus and in the power in the blood and I believe he died for our sins! But don't get me wrong. We all have a right to believe in what we want to believe in. But my question is.....Could you really seriously date someone who does not share your same beliefs?????
Would the relationship even work? Should we even go so far as to question someones faith before we give them the number??? Ladies and Gentleman .....what are your thoughts????

2 comments:

  1. Great question. And personally I couldn't be romatically involved with the hopes of sharing my life with someone that doesn't believe (Spritiually) what I believe. I too believe in JESUS (.... just took a shout break!), and you are right people can believe whatever they want. But MY MAN has to believe in J-E-S-U-S. Why because I will want to pray with him, read the bible and talk about certain scriptures with him, raise our children with OUR beliefs. I don't want a relationship where I am always trying to convince him what, why and when about what I believe and vice versa. I wouldn't want him trying to tell me different. Too many people in the world already trying to do that. I think if you have the same spiritual beliefs, that is one less issue you have to tackle in your relationship. But don't get me wrong, I know many can work it out. So if it works for you... do it. For me, we are on the Jesus train, whooot whooot!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melissa said....
    I would find it difficult to be in a relationship with someone and we didnt share the same religious beliefs. Im sure there are several couples that have to deal with this on a daily basis. I have a cousin who was raised in a holiness church but his wife is a 7Day. Different views how its working out, dont know but they have been married for at least 14-15 years. I guess it could work really depending on the type of religions.

    ReplyDelete